Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pain's song of songs


Some in past lyrics claimed that pain
makes poets great climb their tears to fame
if that be so oh muse then now I realize
my destiny to claim the highest prize
tho medicals say the heart is extra strong
they cannot hear its sad unrelenting song
that will not be muted in the soul until
her presence brings back the thrill
as with our other loves we stroll thru heaven’s door
slowly opening to eternal bliss for us all ever more
jdm/09/212009
copyright Jimmie D. Martin
Please
if please the reader I have done
my pain is lessened some but not quite undone
til in the pine box with fixed waxy unreal smile
I go to waiting plot in finery of costly style
my widow crying for me and the small fortune used
planting for the resurrection a man a humble muse
jdm/09/21/2009